Business X Member Privacy Statement
Last updated: January 2015
Business-X is a digital community for business's and their employees, providing unparalleled digital credibility, the ability to find prospects, and the tools to convert prospects to customers. Business-X is owned and operated by Business eXcellence International Inc. A key element of the Business X Program is our data analytics and marketing capability to maximize our members' ability to identify and develop new customers. Business X is especially sensitive to the importance of the personal information that our members entrust us with. To maintain our members' trust and loyalty, we are committed to respecting their privacy and protecting their personal and business information.
Business-X's value proposition is based on members sharing information about themselves and their business with others, in anticipation of developing new suppliers and customers. This information is provided by members themselves in Business, Personal, Product, and Service Profiles to the level they choose and is deemed to be in the public domain.
When you become a Business-X Member, or any time you interact or do business with Business-X, you agree to the terms of this Policy as updated from time to time. We encourage you to periodically review our Policy. Amendments will be posted on our website and we will take reasonable steps to communicate any material changes. We ask you to review our Policy below, which is in a "Question and Answer" format, to provide information typically sought by members.
To whom does this Policy apply?
Our Policy applies to all of our members.
What information is covered?
Our Policy applies to business and personal information that Business-X collects, uses and discloses in order to operate Business-X. Personal information is any information that can identify an individual or information about an identifiable individual, such as a member's home address, telephone number, or a member's transaction activity in the Business-X.
This Policy does not apply to aggregate information, which is summarized statistical information about groups of members, and which does not include name, contact information, or any other information that would allow any particular business or individual to be identified.
What business and personal information do we collect?
Business-X collects personal and business identity, contact, and product and service information, as well as information on a member's usage of Business-X, and your interactions with us through our website, mobile site, mobile application, and emails, in order to manage the Business-X and provide insight to our Members on prospects for buying and selling. The following are examples of business and personal information that we collect:
- When a member enrols in the Business-X, we collect identifying information, such as the member's name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- To process payments, a member may provide us with their credit card number and expiry date.
- When a member uses or views our website, mobile site and app, or emails, we may collect information such as the web pages viewed, frequency of visits, time spent on the site, and applications utilized.
When a member completes a purchase or sale, Business-X incorporates that transaction in
aggregate with others to make it anonymized, including information such as:
- the Business-X company and the related information you chose to share,
- information on revenue, sell-to or buy-from industry, duration of sales cycle
- In some instances, we may receive a more detailed description of Business-X activity, such as information you choose to provide us directly in the ongoing usage of Business-X.
- When a member fills out a survey conducted by Business-X or its agents regarding their preferences, needs, or interests, they provide personal information.
How do we collect your business and personal information?
Much of the personal information we collect comes from you, such as when you enrol in the Business-X whether through Business-X directly or through a partner, or manage your account. This includes your interactions with the Business-X through our website, mobile site, and mobile application. We may also collect personal information through Business-X's social media pages and contests and from our partners when you transact with them and accumulate miles.
We rely on you to ensure that your profile and contact information is accurate. We do not update the personal information we receive about you from other sources, unless this is necessary to achieve the purposes for which this information was collected. On occasion, we may acquire additional data from trusted third parties who have the necessary consent to provide such information, in order to help us better administer our program and understand your interests and preferences.
How do we use your business and personal information?
We use your personal information to administer the Business-X and enhance your experience, including sending you more relevant information for business and personal growth. In doing so, we may collect, use and disclose your business and personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To contact and communicate with you, such as to verify your identity or to provide information on changes to Business-X. We may communicate with you through email or Business-X applications.
- To address customer service matters, including questions, emails, and mailed correspondence.
- To manage and improve Business-X, and to better understand your preferences, needs, interests, and usage in order to develop, enhance, and provide products and services that better meet your requirements and expectations, and to measure the success of various features and promotions of Business-X
- For quality assurance and record keeping purposes, such as monitoring or recording telephone discussions with our representatives for quality assurance purposes.
- To invoice you or partners, as applicable.
- In the case of a sale of all or part of Business-X's business or assets, or a contract with a potential new partner, to enable potential purchasers or partners to evaluate the business.
- To protect our interests, or as provided or required by applicable laws, such as program fraud detection or where required by a court order.
We will not collect, use or disclose personal information for other purposes without obtaining your further consent, except where authorized or required by law.
With whom do we share your business and personal information?
Business-X and its partners share your business and personal information in order to administer your account and develop and promote Business-X.
Business-X may share information on activity or general characteristics about you and your business with our partners. For example, identification of cross industry relationships that develop within Business-X.
When a partner wishes to make an offer to members, offers will generally be communicated to you by Business-X and not directly by the partner. However, we may provide a partner or a supplier with a list of Business-X Members who meet certain transactional criteria (such as having a number of transactions in the last six months) or that may include some general characteristics about the member (such as length of Membership, industry, location), to make relevant offers to members that provide a benefit or privilege to members.
Your personal information may be transferred to suppliers, which perform work on behalf of Business-X or its partners to deliver all aspects of the Business-X to you. Suppliers include advertising agencies, direct marketing agents (including telemarketing firms), and data processing and storage firms. Partners and suppliers are contractually obligated to maintain confidentiality, safeguard all information provided to them, and use the information disclosed to them only for the purposes of the Business-X.
Finally, we share member information with partners to administer members' accounts for customer service and/or fraud detection purposes.
How do we protect your personal information?
Your business and personal information will only be collected, used and disclosed, and will only be retained as long as required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or as may be required by law.
Your personal information is retained in secure facilities, such as offices and data centres with restricted access. Electronic data is protected by technological means, such as firewalls, access controls and encryption.
You should note that your personal and business information may be stored or processed outside of your own country, and it will be subject to the laws of the country in which it is handled.
How can you find out what personal information Business-X has?
You can access, verify and update your personal information by logging on to your account at www.Business-X.com.
Where can you get more information?
If our Policy does not answer all of your questions, you may consult our previous Privacy Statement, by clicking here.
You may also contact the Business X Privacy Officer, either by email at privacy@Business-X.com, or in writing to:
Business X Privacy Office
PO Box 1605 Holland Landing Stn Main
Holland Landing, ON, Canada L9N 1A0